Summer is finally here! To say I’m excited is an understatement. Do you know what’s going on with us? Absolutely nothing and we love it. Even though we have the chaos of toddlers, our life is finally in a great rhythm. Do you know what I mean?
It’s the moments when we can look around and count our blessings. We’ve been doing that a lot lately. We are all healthy and happy (even though the adults here are a little sleep deprived), and anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.
The Bucket List is great because it’s a spot to dream. We won’t get to ALL of these things, but it is going on the refrigerator as a constant reminder. Let’s get to it, friends! Make your own Bucket List and share it with me! What will you be doing in 2017?
Summer Bucket List 2017
- Summer Stage at Central Park– This is, hands down, my favorite summer thing to do in NYC. It’s a line-up of all kinds of different free concerts during the summer months. We went often when we were dating, and last year we took the kids. Love, love, love. From opera to hip hop, there is something for everyone.
- One of my new favorite things is this beach park! Sunken Meadow State Park is gorgeous. This beautiful park is about 30 minutes from us. It’s perfect for beaching, hiking, biking, playing- I can’t wait to spend some time there!
- A LOOOOOOOONG hike. I’m not even sure where or what this will be, but in the next two months I want to celebrate myself and my awesome body (this is my bucket list, after all) for growing THREE babies by going on a loooooong hike. People, three brains in two years. I’m still shocked by it all.
- A Central Park picnic with friends! This is good for the soul. We got to do this last week when my dear friend Michelle and her precious baby, Amelia, were in town. But I want to encourage lots of picnics for everyone. Just grab a blanket, then add friends.
- Spend the day at Orient Beach. Another awesome spot near us that’s perfect for tots. Beautiful playground on the beach? Yes!
- Montauk! Because it’s laid back and beachy. (Surf Camp? Did anyone watch this season of Girls? lol)
- This lemon cake. King Arthur Flour claims it is the cake of the year.
- Date Night at Vinoco– Date Night is barely a part of our vocabulary, but this is my bucket list and I’ll dream if I want to. This popular Long Island spot is all about Global Fusion Tapas. I don’t even know what that means, but I want it right now.
- Toddler Random Acts of Kindness- So far we’ve been making projects and sending them to grandparents. It’s getting to be a lot of finger paint in the mail- any other ideas?
- Celebrate Brooklyn concert series– These concerts are connected to the Summer Stage Line up and it’s the same fun, summer music vibe. So. much. fun.
- S’mores– We must have s’mores in our summer life. I’m talking about a build the fire and toast them ourselves kind of night. Did you know that s’mores milkshakes are a thing? Toasted marshmallows blended up with ice cream. Read it and make it and bring me one, too.
- Astoria Night Market– We had plans a few times last summer to make it to this, but it never happened. Maybe this year we will get there.
Date Night in Manhattan- It’s my bucket list!! What would we even do with a whole night in the city?? Ideas? Our anniversary is coming up July 19. Suggestions?
- Bike riding, food trucking, and being fabulous on the boardwalk at Long Beach, New York. My favorite place of all time.
- Someone should probably talk me off the ledge, but I’m having a lot of nice thoughts about a ROMPER like this one. Yes? No? Probably no, but…
- I want to read something great. I shared this reading list the other day, but I’m still looking for more. What is something I need to read? Share with me, please.
Be sure to join me on our new Facebook page here
That’s all I’ve got for Summer 2017! Now, let me hear from you! I’d love to know: What’s on your list? Where are you traveling? What are you doing for staycations? Do we share any Bucket List ideas?
As always, make sure to subscribe to the blog to receive updates and e-mails! The form is right under this post.